PERK!ER was established in 2012 by Ann Perkins and Steven Turner. After going gluten free in 2009 Ann discovered a few things; first she started to feel a lot better and had loads more energy; second, she realised she had a lot less choice in food, and that a lot of gluten free food is inferior in quality and more expensive than the gluten containing alternative. So in 2011 we decided to give up our jobs and think of ways we could make life better for everyone who has to avoid eating gluten.
PERK!ER Mission and Values
Our mission is to make gloriously gluten free food so delicious that everyone will want to eat it.
- Great Taste – First and foremost, we believe food should be enjoyed. This is why PERK!ER products are generous with the yummy bits and taste every bit as good if not better than their gluten containing counterparts.
- Nutrition – A gluten free diet can lack fibre, iron and B vitamins. Wherever appropriate, like in our Seeded Multigrain Bread and breakfast porridges, PERK!ER products contain gluten free grains that are good sources of fibre, iron and some B vitamins
- Value for money – Gluten free products tend to be more expensive for a number of reasons, including the gluten free ingredients we all use are more expensive. At PERK!ER we believe in providing fantastic products at a fair price, so we will do everything we can to add the enjoyment and keep our prices down, while making just enough profit to let our young business grow.
- Free From – All PERK!ER products are free from gluten and wheat, many products are free from other allergens too. So please check out the ‘Glorious Food’ section, or read our labels to find out what’s in and what’s out.
- No Artificials – We never use artificial colours or flavours or hydrogenated fats.
Some things nice people have said about PERK!ER
“I love Perk!er foods – products that are after my own heart – in that they are hearty, sweet and fabulously branded”
“The packaging is great. You want something to look nice”
“All that food looks so yummy!”
“My surprise find today @perkierfoods most prob the best brownie I’ve tasted”“I love your mission @Perkierfoods…., gluten free food can be delicious”“The best bread I’ve ever tasted”
Where to buy?
We sell PERK!ER Porridge online and in select stores throughout the UK. Our PERK!ER bakery range is exclusive to Whole Foods Market stores in the UK. We also sell at food shows.
Check out our ‘BUY PERKIER’ page & Follow us on Facebook to find out all the latest news on when and where you can buy PERK!ER.
We are working hard to make PERK!ER more widely available!